Fuel pump won't stop running
Just popping in
From alma
Group:
Registered Users - Ultimate
Level : 1; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 0
MP : 0 / 0
89 MAX fuel pump runs fine when the bike is cold.No flooding or overflow from the carbs,checked the vent valve(or spill valve),cleaned the tank,changed hoses & fuel filter & tried 2 different fuel pumps.It isn't the diaphragms in the pump. I get the same results 3 times in a row. Switch on,fuel pump clicks once or twice & vboost cycles.Fire her up & fuel pump cycles once every 5 seconds or so.No problems till about 15 minutes later after she is at normal operating temp.Then the fuel pump clicking starts to increase. Instead of 1 click every 5 seconds it jumps to 2 or 3 every 5 seconds till after about 17 minutes,then the fuel pump is running non stop. Shut her off & wait an hour.Then everything is fine but again 15 minutes later the whole process starts over again.I disconnected the low fuel sending unit but no change,checked the pump voltage & that is fine,checked the ground & voltage at the fuel pump relay & that is fine.
I am not sure how to check the relay itself. First problem in 6 years of daily riding. Any ideas?
Thanks
BP.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 14:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.