UFO PlanetVMax Exhaust
Just popping in
From Toronto, Ontario; Canada
Group:
Registered Users - Ultimate
Level : 1; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 15
MP : 2 / 78
I have been dreaming of UFO's full system exhaust right after I decided I wanted a VMax. I did some research on other pipes and slip-ons and decided to hold off because I didn't have the $ for at least another season. I contacted Jon at UFO cause I wanted to drillout my Stocker (for advice) and he offered me a awesome deal on a set of used SuperTrapps. They sounded good but I still wanted a full system. Luckily, work picked up and I emailed Jon and he gave me a deal.. All I needed was to pull-the-trigger!
Well I did and Thx to Jon I've got a set of SlashCuts StreetPro's 4-2 arriving in the mail!!
My buddies have a DynoRoom and enough no-how to make my Max into the Beast she wants and deserves to be!
I'll post the Dyno results and pics and the Jetting used that may help others build up their ride. Sound is just as important to me as performance and UFO's on the Max are like no other. Oddly, not even close!! Thanks Jon!!

Lee Ross
VMOA 5652

Posted on: 2013/1/25 12:10

Re: UFO PlanetVMax Exhaust
Just popping in
Group:
Hi Fellas/Gals,

Well I got my girl back. She was tuned up to 119.6 and 80. My mechanic had a real difficult time tuning her and it took more than 20 Dyno runs and four Jets to get her "perfect". All in all, if I was to redo anything, I'd go with either Seans Kit or a full DynoJet Kit. I'm told by my mechanic who I trust completely, that a kit with a few more hours of tuning they could squeeze out another 8 or so Horses.
Anyhow, I'm saving my dough for some good Gear w/Armor.
Aside from the fantastic power I've got at my wrist (I feel I could give just about anything a run for it's money off the line), it sounds mean mean mean!! I have people coming over and checking out what the hell that sound is!! When she's opened up, you'd have to be deaf not to hear her from blocks away. I tend to gear-up in certain neighborhoods and under bridges where the sound seems amplified anyhow!! I set car Alarms off in Idle and I couldn't imagine what it'd do at a higher RPM. I actually roll her away from where I park her to not set off another neighbors car alarm!
When I'm riding, more importantly, people hear me. I know now that Loud Pipes can truly Save your Life BUT idiots will still be there regardless..
Safe riding Brothers and Sisters and Thx to Jon Cornell at UFO. You make show quality stuff!!
-KarmaKatt-

Posted on: 2013/3/29 17:15

Not too shy to talk
From Hamburg, NY
Group:
Level : 4; EXP : 76
HP : 0 / 94
MP : 12 / 3360
Sadly that's only slightly better than My Fully Stock Max did: 117.9 and 118.9, the two times I had it on a Dyno over the years.

I 'd say without Sean's kit or a Stage 7 Kit you really didn't gain much.
The Stock airbox is way too restrictive to allow you to get the Full HP you should get with a Full Exhaust System.

The Guys with Sean's Kit and the UFO system were getting about 125 HP at the Thunder Dyno Day last year.

PS
Those are some Mean Sounding Pipes though !!!!! :D

Posted on: 2013/3/29 19:01

Just popping in
Group:
I may decide to drop in a kit but that won't be till the end of the season if not later. I think my next monkey mod may be a MaxxGasser. I've spoken to Rick quite a bit and was going to get a seat and decided at the last minute to go with my original plan, a full set of UFO Pipes. I really do like the look and function of the Stock seat but the bike really comes alive with super smooth lines with a aftermarket seat. Not too mention, from what I've heard, their VERY comfortable
Thanks for the note..

-KarmaKatt-

Posted on: 2013/3/29 20:10

Not too shy to talk
From Hamburg, NY
Group:
If you ride to Thunder in the Valley, I'm sure someone will let you test out a Maxgasser for a day or two to see how you like it.
I personally Modified my stock seat shortly after buying my max.
I'm 6'1", so I reshaped my stock seat to suit my body size and actually added some height (about 1/2" of high density foam).
I have heard great things about the Maxgasser though, everyone that has one really loves it.
The only flaw I see is that I wouldn't be able to use my Back seat for carrying luggage, which is what I currently do.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 23:27

Just popping in
Group:
I can't make Thunder this year, but I'll try it next year. That'd be a blast I'm sure! Having more than one Max rolling and roaring.. Thaty'll turn heads for sure, lol!! I can see how doing your own seat would be an advantage!! For lazy people like me, I'll settle on the research and advice and spend those earned $ paying the right person to do it. I never have qualms about paying for quality. Earn it and spend it.
And of course- EnJOY IT !! LOL!

-KarmaKatt-

Posted on: 2013/3/29 23:44

Webmaster
From Mount Airy
Group:
BRCAdmins
Webmasters
Level : 16; EXP : 87
HP : 0 / 396
MP : 108 / 15267
Congrats on the new bike and full exhaust. Yes, there is NOTHING like riding around with several dozen vmax riders. Thunder in the Valley gets between 50 - 100 vmax owners together to enjoy what the love most, THEIR VMAX's!!! Nothing else matches this experience of being with so many other bikes alike. Definitely one to keep on your bucket list!!!!

Posted on: 2013/3/30 6:46

Mike Moore
VMOA Webmaster

Just popping in
From Fonthill, Ontario, Canada
Group:
Level : 2; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 25
MP : 3 / 901
Hey where'd you get you bike dynoed? Toronto area I take it. I've got Sean's kit in mine and think it's reasonably close as for tuning but I would like to get a run to see where it really is.

Dale #2592

Posted on: 2013/3/30 8:22

Not too shy to talk
From Hamburg, NY
Group:
Check out the Spring Ice Breaker Ride, you might want to come down and ride with us:
http://www.vmoa.net/modules/xforum/vi ... um=28&topic_id=398&order=

Posted on: 2013/3/30 11:54

Not too shy to talk
From Lovettsville
Group:
Level : 3; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 73
MP : 9 / 347
I 've got the UFO's 4 into 1 dragstar on my bike with stage 7 kit . It's deafently a beautiful sound . I just sent my seat to Jon for a custom look . A little different from most bikes .

Posted on: 2013/3/31 8:06

Not too shy to talk
From Lovettsville
Group:
I 've got the UFO's 4 into 1 dragstar on my bike with stage 7 kit . It's deafently a beautiful sound . I just sent my seat to Jon for a custom look . A little different from most bikes .

Posted on: 2013/3/31 8:07

Not too shy to talk
From Lovettsville
Group:
Sorry for double posts !!

Posted on: 2013/3/31 8:13

Just popping in
Group:
Hi Mike-

Sorry, haven't been around lately..
I've seen some posts lately about Thunder and to say it looks fun is the understatement of the year. I'm gonna save my Vacation time next year and ride down..

Dale-
I had it worked on by Zaid Saleemi, a Pro Tuner of Z1 CycleTech in Thornhill.. 407 and Bayview.. Him and Glenn do great work and have a real fancy Dyno Room. I'll be adding Sean Morleys Carb/Air Mod and sending her back for a proper Tune in the Fall. I'll post my gains in the future.

To all who are going to Thunder...
Ride Safe, you Hooligans.. Were riding the coolest bikes on the Planet...

Posted on: 2013/4/9 17:49

Just popping in
From Lincolnton, NC
Group:
Level : 1; EXP : 34
HP : 0 / 8
MP : 1 / 45
I have the 4/2 classic megaphone. Not only does it sound mean, it added a noticeable change in power and performance to the jet kit and v-boost mod.

My riding buddies make me ride last now because of the sound of the beast, they could not hear anything but my bike!

It was definitely the best purchase I have made so far. Well, except for the Max.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 10:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]