Webmaster
From Mount Airy
Group:
BRCAdmins
Webmasters
Level : 19; EXP : 69
HP : 0 / 467
MP : 150 / 23349

Hi fellow VMaxers, This is my first attempt at an article so bear with me! I thought I would do a write up on the Odyssey Batteries.

I purchased mine in March, 2008, and have put it to the test, pretty much, for the past 4 years.

It is a dry cell battery completely enclosed and is what is called an “absorbed glass mat” style battery.

These batteries are practically “bullet proof” and can be stored during the winter months with no trickle or float charging required and you don’t have to remove it from your bike, which can be a hassle.

The Part number for this battery, for the VMax, is #PC680 and it fits right in place of the old stock wet-cell battery. It fills the battery box up and is just a little taller than the stock battery, by just fractions of an inch.

The cold cranking amps is rated at; 220cca and a pulse hot cranking amps (5sec) is 680. I purchased this Battery, online, and the price was $119.52, in 2008. I did find out that Advance Auto carries these batteries for both motorcycle and automotive vehicles.

If you would like more information go to Odyssey’s web site which is: www.odysseyfactory.com or you can just plug in odyssey batteries in Google and it will take you to it.

Well I hope this was informative or for those of you who hate messing with the wet batteries and constantly having issues with them, like I did! This would be a possible option for you. Thanks for your time and enjoy your fall riding.

Anthony Grindle #3300

Posted on: 2013/11/4 15:03

Edited by vmax2extreme on 2013/11/4 17:51:13

Mike Moore
VMOA Webmaster

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.