Webmaster
From Mount Airy
Group:
BRCAdmins
Webmasters
Level : 19; EXP : 69
HP : 0 / 467
MP : 150 / 23559

The last “upgrade”, I decided to do, was to swap out the Harley style “Bullet” Head light, that has been on my VMax for almost 5 years… to a 7” “Round” style.

Again, I got on the Internet and looked for what was available. I made the decision to utilize one of the VMOA’s long time vendors, Exactrep, from England. While looking through their online catalog I came across the 7” “Bucket” that I thought would look really good on my VMax… So you guessed it… I placed an order! Delivered to my door the cost in US dollars was; £95.00 ($151.05) Style D = 7" Prism Lens + 100w Bulb Plus Shipping of: £12.50 ($20.56)

I received the headlight assembly in very short order Less that 10 days… The package included the Bucket, lens, Mounting hardware the 100 watt bulb and an instruction sheet…

The headlight was “Made in Taiwan” which I found out after I had ordered and paid for it. This fact was not listed in the catalog. I was not happy about it either… When I did receive the headlight I was further disappointed that the “Lens” was plastic! I had ordered the “Prism” lens… Because this lens is plastic I have not installed the 100 watt bulb… I am afraid that it will melt the plastic!

The rest of the Headlight is just fine as far as it’s durability, only time will tell… in my experience parts that come from Taiwan and China are not of the “best quality”. I guess that is also why they are so much cheaper! Lesson re-learned!

The fork mounting brackets, which appear to be made by Exactrep for the different size fork tubes, are very good quality. But I might be wrong about where and who made these brackets…

Overall I rate this product a low 5… all of this information should have been in the catalog…

Later/Steve Jasse

Posted on: 2013/11/5 11:36

Mike Moore
VMOA Webmaster

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.