BRCAdmins
Webmasters
Level : 19; EXP : 69
HP : 0 / 467
MP : 150 / 23349

One Off OD Preaaure Gauge Kit
UFO Gen-2 Handle Bar Riser Kit
Morley Muscle Black Drag Bar
I had my Gen 2 Oil Pump Recall done late last Fall and after hearing about some poor Yamaha dealership installations, and the resulting destroyed motors, I was extremely fearful for mine.

I purchased an oil pressure gage kit from Cycle One-Off to be able to monitor my oil pressure. The kit from Cycle One-Off was of good quality, performed perfectly and came with great installation instructions. I must say, it is extremely easy to install and has given me peace of mind over the last 700 miles.

I chose the water pump bracket installation, but the handle bar mount looks simple as well. I think the gage and line blends in well with the motor and I have not experienced any leaks or flutters.
I also purchased, and installed the UFO Gen-2 VMax handlebar and riser kit for my 2009. This kit is of good quality and was fairly easy to install as well. However, when I saw the handlebars being offered by Sean Morley I was persuaded to buy the black ones. These bars come with inserts for bar-ends and provide a bit of a bend/rise over the UFO drag bars. By retaining the UFO risers, I was able to position the Morley bars with the bend/rise facing towards me and somewhat down. Since I am just 5’7" and have a shorter reach than many, this provided a much improved riding position for me.

Per the UFO instructions, by un-securing the headlight mounting I was able to reposition the cables and wiring to accommodate these bars and risers without going to a longer brake or clutch line.

Just A Little Update and Let’s Be Careful Out There!

Rick Rash #1283

Posted on: 2013/11/5 11:44

Mike Moore
VMOA Webmaster

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.