Clutch/Brake Lever and Mirrors
Just popping in
From amarillo
Group:
Registered Users - Ultimate
Level : 2; EXP : 12
HP : 0 / 28
MP : 3 / 665
Well, it was bound to happen sooner rather than later. I backed my '93 Vmax out of the garage for warmup before the short ride to work, started her and placed her on the kickstand and then headed back to the garage for my helmet. I had almost made it to the garage when I heard a crash and turned around to find the bike had rolled forward off the stand and had fallen to the ground. I must not have had the stand far enough forward and the vibration from the running bike caused it to roll forward.
I picked her up and rolled her back in to assess the damage. The clutch lever was bent in the shape of a horse shoe and the left mirror was broken off at the base. Minor scuffing on the grip end and a slightly bent shift lever along with scuffing on the case cover behind it. Also some scrapes on the muffler tip and a dent where it had been pushed into the shock and spring.
So why am I posting? I am interested in your input for the following items as to the past and present experiences VMOA members have had with brands and styles and places to purchase.

- I would like to replace both the clutch and brake levers with black levers. Nothing fancy but just like the OEM in black. I don't have a reach problem so they don't need to be adjustable.
- Mirrors also in black (not bar end) but that extend further than the 3 inches the current mirrors did. Can hardly see around my shoulders now.
- New grips in, you guessed it, black. Possibly somewhat vibration damping?

I believe I can tweak the shift lever back into an acceptable position for now and with live with the scuffing and dent on the muffler can for a little while. I would appreciate any and all opinions. Thanks!

Later,
Kevin

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_1786.JPG (2,325.08 KB)
4259_51ba20b0d21a3.jpg 3264X2448 px

Posted on: 2013/6/13 19:43

Re: Clutch/Brake Lever and Mirrors
Quite a regular
From Oldsmar,Florida
Group:
Level : 6; EXP : 12
HP : 0 / 128
MP : 17 / 2424
I sell all of this stuff. I don't keep it in stock but it does not usually take me long to get it. If you want to go on Tucker Rockys website or Parts unlimited website. I am a dealer for both of them . You can look thru there online catalogs. Do not try & straiten that shifter with out lots of heat it will snap like a twig 90% of the time. You can email me if you would like at vmaxparts@yahoo.com

Posted on: 2013/6/14 0:25

Re: Clutch/Brake Lever and Mirrors
Not too shy to talk
From Plainfield, IL 60586
Group:
Level : 4; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 92
MP : 11 / 1818
Both on eBay

Mirrors:

Seller: kiwav ( 2883 )