Clutch Adjustmen
Just popping in
From Senoia
Group:
Registered Users - Ultimate
Level : 1; EXP : 21
HP : 0 / 5
MP : 1 / 85
Hello All, you guys may be aware of my new family member - 06 vmax. I havnt named her yet, I'm waiting on it to 'hit me' -

But that's not the reason for my post. I found and down loaded the service manual earlier, (THANK YOU!!)

My bike is giving me issues getting in to neutral. From a dead stop and as well even from a small roll, like when coming up on a long line of traffic. It doesn't matter if the bike is running or not. It should 'slip' right in, and it's doesn't. Seriously, too when I come to a red traffic light and have to stop, by the time I find neutral, the light's green. and people are honking.

And the other night, right after I came out of a restaurant and hopped on my bike, I had the clutch lever pulled in, sitting in 1st gear, waiting on a friend to pull out of a parking spot it was as if the bike wanted to 'pull' me a bit. but after 10 seconds or so he was on me, so we pulled out. I didn't have time to investigate. And I've tried to duplicate that feeling but haven't been able to. I have a feeling if I keep the clutch where it is now though (unadjusted), it wont be to long.
(fyi too before leavin the housethat night, I had just changed the oil with a new filter and AMSOIL) which I'm not a huge fan of but it's all the autoparts store had and they sold it to me for $8.00qt)

I've gone thru the service manual for the 1st generation VMAX and I cant find anything on the proper procedure for the clutch adjustment.

Ive read on here about he 'double d' modification. - maybe?? I like the idea. (Something I can domyself?)

THE REAL QUESTION IS - Would you guys know where I can find the proper procedures for clutch adjustment on my '06?

Am I missing it in the service manual? Ive looked 3x. And I promise I can read.

Thanks ALL, John

Posted on: 2015/6/24 17:48

Re: Clutch Adjustmen
Just popping in
From Senoia
Group:
Registered Users - Ultimate
Level : 1; EXP : 21
HP : 0 / 5
MP : 1 / 85
I found this. has good pics too makes it look easy. what about adjusting?

http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/clutch.htm

Posted on: 2015/6/24 18:03

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]