Looking for help bleeding brakes
Quite a regular
From Snow Camp, NC
Group:
Directors - Ultimate
Level : 5; EXP : 59
HP : 0 / 114
MP : 15 / 5943
Hoping to find some help locally to help me bleed brakes & clutch. Had no luck reverse filling (bleeder valve up). Trying to get it ready for Boostn on the Blueridge. Feel free to call, Thanks!

Jim Mayes
336-376-5461

Posted on: 2013/5/7 23:22

Re: Looking for help bleeding brakes
Just popping in
From Delhi ON Canada
Group:
Registered Users - Ultimate
Level : 1; EXP : 47
HP : 0 / 11
MP : 2 / 332
When I put my brake lines on, I couldn't get front brakes to come up to firm. Bleed all the air you can out of lines & calipers, then squeeze the front brake lever on all the way & put a tie wrap or bungee cord around the lever to bar to hold the brake on over night. Next morning check for air at caliper bleeders, release bungee & voila, brakes are back up. Make sure your brake/clutch lever assembly is tipped slightly downward to not trap air at the banjo fitting. I would imagine the same would work for the clutch. Good luck & have a good ride. 2 wheel Larry

Posted on: 2013/5/9 2:12

Re: Looking for help bleeding brakes
Quite a regular
From Snow Camp, NC
Group:
Directors - Ultimate
Level : 5; EXP : 59
HP : 0 / 114
MP : 15 / 5943
It took 2 nights but it WORKED! Tuesday I finished as much bleeding as possible no luck, zip tied it over night and they were spongy but there the next morning. Took the bike out around the block came back in and tapped the lines with back of a screw driver (not hard) and zip tied it again. Went out this morning and they are all there and what a difference. Thank you for the help, I have an event this weekend "Boostn on the Blue ridge so it came at the perfect time!

Jim Mayes

Posted on: 2013/5/16 12:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]